Knight lk93/wolverine breech plug wrench

WV Hunter
Re: Knight lk93/wolverine breech plug wrench

Post by WV Hunter » November 20th, 2014, 11:44 am

firefigten_cowboy wrote:Does anybody have an extra lk93/wolverine #11 breech plug wrench it is the slotted one or does somebody have a conversion kit for cheap that is just laying around? Also do I have to shoot loose powder with #11 primer or can I shoot pellets
You can buy the tool from Knight directly, or maybe cheaper from online retailers. One end removes the nipple, the other the breech plug. With #11's, you should shoot loose powder. These guns are really designed well, and the #11 ignition system with loose powder is flawless. There is no real advantage to switching to 209's in the plunger guns. Get your tool and some loose Pyrodex RS or 777 and have some fun! LK-93's are nice little rifles, and they typically drive tacks. Try 90-100gr loose powder with a 240,250,260gr bullet w/sabot and you should be in business.

WV Hunter

Re: Knight lk93/wolverine breech plug wrench

Post by WV Hunter » November 21st, 2014, 7:56 am

firefigten_cowboy wrote:It is slotted and I also saw a breech plug that makes it western legal thta is still shooting #11 primers but have to get mine out first how do I measure the powder and do I use any packing or poor loose in and then put in the sabot
I'm not sure what you are asking. ???

If you have a slotted breech plug, you have the plug that uses the #11 nipples already (western legal). You just need to pick up the correct breech plug tool so you can remove/install the plug correctly. And of course, you will need the #11 nipple if you don't have one. Make sure to grease up the breech plug.

Have you ever shot a ML before? If not, you should download the owners manual from Knight on the Wolverine and read up on your gun and how to use it. Read up online also, lots of good info and websites, forums, etc... that can help you learn the basics. The best way is if you know someone that has experience, get them to help you get started. Its not rocket science, but if you are totally new there are alot of mistakes you can make.

To answer your question, you will need to use a powder measure of some sort (there are lots available, a basic brass one works fine), then pour the measured powder in, then insert sabot/bullet and seat firmly. Then cap and shoot.