Knight LK 93

tom Hill
Re: Knight LK 93

Post by tom Hill » November 17th, 2014, 8:51 pm

I just won an MK85 about a month ago in a giveaway in a gun group I belong to. I just typed in the search bar, 'Knight MK85 owners manual and pulled it right up. I downloaded it. When I get a printer for this computer, I'm going to print it out so I have a physical manual, but at least I have a digital download of it. Mine takes the 209 primers, and I am trying to figure out how and where to put the primers. They wont go onto the nipple of the breach plug. Don't know if it goes in firing pin end or what. That's why I'm on here now; trying to find out how o put the 209 primers in. Any help out there?

WV Hunter

Post by WV Hunter » November 18th, 2014, 11:40 pm

oifvet0911 wrote:I have a knight LK 93 that I picked up at a gun show a few weeks ago. Guy didn't know much about MLs but had the LK93 and a CVA mag hunter which was in a 45 caliber well i picked them up both for $100 so pretty good deal I suppose. The knight still has the #11 nipple on it so if I want to shoot it that way then I suppose I have to use loose powder instead of pellets like I have always used in my TC contender. I have been looking at the conversion kits but the striker looks exactly the same only thing that looks different is the breach plug. Is this and optical illusion in the pictures or is the striker actually different than what is on it right now in the pre converted rifle? Came here to ask before I spend $80 on a conversion kit if the only thing different is the breach plug. Can anyone please answer this and also if I decide to use it as is, what kind of powder is a good choice. I've only ever used 777 pellets before. Thanks
I wouldn't spend the money to convert it. The #11 system in the knights is basically flawless, and imo there is no advantage to switching to a 209 setup. Yes, you should use loose powder...but it also gives you the ability to adjust your load in small increments for maximum efficiency. The hammer is different on #11 and 209. The 209 has a point on it to strike the 209 primers, the #11 has a flat face. The LK-93 is a nice little lightweight no frills gun. They will drive tacks if you set it up right. Try a 240gr to 260gr bullet with sabot, and 90-100gr loose powder (777 or Pyrodex RS) to start out. If you put a scope on it, make sure to cover the scope between the rings. These open breech plunger guns have a decent amount of blowback and will burn the underneath of the scope if you don't cover it. I use electrical tape, others make covers that go over the whole thing out of fabric or rubber. Good luck

DiscMan

Post by DiscMan » December 7th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Who cares about a signal jammer, get off this page, Spammer

GMB54-120

Post by GMB54-120 » December 11th, 2014, 12:00 am

DiscMan wrote:Who cares about a signal jammer, get off this page, Spammer
Evidently no one including the mods. They haven't even logged on to the forum in well over a year. Thats pitiful Barry. Knight doesn't give a rats arse about this forum. Even the Knightrifles admin account hasn't been on since August.
Last visited:
August 19th, 2014, 2:45 pm
:roll:
Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun
Elite 45 blued
Original DISC 45 SS
LRH 52cal