New to muzzloading have some questions

Hiacoboni
New to muzzloading have some questions

Post by Hiacoboni » July 2nd, 2014, 9:44 pm

I recently recieved a knight lk-93 from my grandfather and have just assembled it. But now I'm stuck. I don't know what I should use for grain or bullets, I really don't know how to load it either. My grandfather can't really help me since he has gotten older and doesn't remember much. Any help for beginners would be greatly appreciated.

GMB54-120

Re: New to muzzloading have some questions

Post by GMB54-120 » July 4th, 2014, 8:01 am

The manual is a good place to start. Just avoid Blackhorn209 ( its made for enclosed ignition systems) in the LK and i would also avoid all pellet loads, especially the 3 pellet loads. You will get better accuracy with loose powder.

http://images.ebsco.com/pob/krwarranty/ ... _29_11.pdf
Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun
Elite 45 blued
Original DISC 45 SS
LRH 52cal

DiscMan

Re: New to muzzloading have some questions

Post by DiscMan » August 11th, 2014, 9:42 am

Call Knight an order a manual for the little horn. As far as powder i would start with 80 to 90 grains of T-7 or RS pistol powder and 240 Hornady XTP. The Knight Bloodline 250 with a crush rib has worked great for me. I to would stick to using loose powder. To start out remove the breech plug to make sure the gun was not left loaded. Then I would clean the gun, any good black powder cleaner will do. When loading pour you powder first then place your bullet on top of the bullet, making sure the bullet is seated tight on top of the powder, then place the cap on the nipple and fire down range. Go to youtube and check the videos on how to load muzzleloaders. good luck