TK2000

Fatman
TK2000

Post by Fatman » February 17th, 2014, 10:20 am

Turkey season is approaching time to break out the TK2000 if you don't own one you should it is the most fun turkey hunting you will ever experience . Put your orders in today to make sure you will receive it before the season starts. Look for me on the forum with this years pictures of the turkey's I hope to harvest.
Good luck and God bless

FrankG

Re: TK2000

Post by FrankG » February 21st, 2014, 1:32 pm

Fatman,
Last weekends results, not bad at all (lead shot). I'm going to "tinker" with some hevi shot this weekend. Same range and loads, may or may not be a better combo will see. Let you know. I agree the TK 2000 has to be one of the most (if not the) "fun" guns out there. :D 8-)

FrankG

Post by FrankG » February 21st, 2014, 1:34 pm

FrankG wrote:Fatman,
Last weekends results, not bad at all (lead shot). I'm going to "tinker" with some hevi shot this weekend. Same range and loads, may or may not be a better combo will see. Let you know. I agree the TK 2000 has to be one of the most (if not the) "fun" guns out there. :D 8-)

Tomthumbless

Post by Tomthumbless » February 25th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Been thinking about getting one, don't see how you cock it. Doesn't have a bolt like my disc extremes, best ML I have and I have a lot. I have an TC Encore ML barrel but it doesn't pattern too good at 40 yds, that's why I've been thinking about the TK2000. Just don't understand how it works. Can anybody "splain" it to me.

FrankG

Post by FrankG » February 26th, 2014, 12:38 pm

Having trouble posting today.

FrankG

Post by FrankG » February 26th, 2014, 12:39 pm

I'll post images shortly, very easy.

FrankG

Post by FrankG » February 26th, 2014, 2:15 pm

Tomthumbless wrote:Been thinking about getting one, don't see how you cock it. Doesn't have a bolt like my disc extremes, best ML I have and I have a lot. I have an TC Encore ML barrel but it doesn't pattern too good at 40 yds, that's why I've been thinking about the TK2000. Just don't understand how it works. Can anybody "splain" it to me.
Tomthumbbless here you go.
I can walk you through it. This image is in the cocked position WITH safeties OFF. The knurled knob (you can see a threaded section with RED line) is what you pull back to cock. It is one of the safeties, if you can see RED this one is HOT. Above the trigger (Red Dot) is the second safety (typical finger push pull knob). If the rear knob is NOT turned out (you can't see RED) and the finger safety is in the RED, pull the trigger the assembly will slid forward BUT will not fire (nice feature) unless your on target :oops: I load will all safeties 'ON", pull knob back, load primer. When hunting I will turn rear knob counter clockwise (RED showing) and use my typical push pull as my primary, as you would do with any firearm. It only takes a couple of seconds, not complicated at all. Feel free to ask anything more. You will love this gun. I can send a few images of the results. :shock: If you are using optics (tube type) installing the primer is a bit of a pain to get used to, after you do it a couple of times "no issue". A few posts above will show results (lead). The number are "kill" area. I have tested with Hevi as well a bit better, may not be worth the extra $$$$ if you hunt 40/45 and under.

"Bolt Assembly"

02/23/2014 Test Results.
These are my images from last weekends test. Left side is 5/6 Hevi mix. Right is lead 5, 6 and 5/6 mix. All use 2" (inside wad) I split, 2oz load, 100 gr of FFG (T7) and at 40 yards. The number are "kill" hits not 10" circle, I didn't count in the lower boarder area although have would have been kill shots. The Hevi seems to have an advantage. Not sure if the cost of Hevi has merit, the lead is not bad at all. Your thoughts? Can't seem to buy a small amount of Hevi, all are 2 lbs cartons ($100.00 +/- delivered). That is a few years worth of shot. Needless to say the TK2000 will get the job done, I'm delighted with mine.

Tomthumbless

Post by Tomthumbless » March 2nd, 2014, 10:49 pm

You have helped a lot, I thought that was how it worked. I'll post some pics if I get it.

FrankG

Post by FrankG » March 3rd, 2014, 7:23 am

Tomthumbless wrote:You have helped a lot, I thought that was how it worked. I'll post some pics if I get it.
Glad to help. Can't wait to try mine out on one of these. :D

Chasing

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » April 3rd, 2014, 8:36 am

FrankG, great pictures and good luck!!

bigbullelk