209 Primers For In-lines?

White Oak
209 Primers For In-lines?

Post by White Oak » June 17th, 2012, 1:07 pm

This just came up on another thread. Just wondering if anyone feels that there is an advantage to using the primers sold as made for in-lines. I believe both Remington and Winchester are offering them. I have used the Winchester 209 shotgun primers for years with out problems. The "in-line " primers are more expensive. Anyone see a difference or are they just selling bottled water out of the same hose?
Thanks,
Ed

sabotloader

Re: 209 Primers For In-lines?

Post by sabotloader » June 17th, 2012, 1:36 pm

White Oak wrote:This just came up on another thread. Just wondering if anyone feels that there is an advantage to using the primers sold as made for in-lines. I believe both Remington and Winchester are offering them. I have used the Winchester 209 shotgun primers for years with out problems. The "in-line " primers are more expensive. Anyone see a difference or are they just selling bottled water out of the same hose?
Thanks,
Ed
The main reason those primers for muzzleloader came about is that they are a cooler primer and might not create the very hard 'crud ring' you get when shooting T7 powder.

I believe the w209 is an excellent choice for use in a ML - others use all of the different brands and like them well also.

If you are shooting BH-209 you might want to use the hotter primers, but that basically depends a lot on the maker of the rifle...
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

White Oak

Re: 209 Primers For In-lines?

Post by White Oak » June 17th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Thanks sabotloader! Excellant info.