Hello

White Oak
Hello

Post by White Oak » June 14th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Just wanted to say hello to all on this forum as I am the new guy.Looking forward to learning new things here. I am the happy owner of 3 Knight firearms. A Bighorn, TK, and Vision.
I do want to pose a question to you. I purchased 2 Visions about 2 years ago. One for my son and one for my wife. My son returned his to the dealer and bought a different model due to a problem with intermitent firing.By that I mean the primer was either not struck by the firing pin or just barely. Yeah the guns were clean. One dealer suggested that I back the breech plug out 1/4 turn. Has anyone else experienced this with a Vision? This is not a slam on the gun. I only own Knight muzzleloaders and am otherwise very happy with the Vision. I am very impressed with the FPJ system on my TK and want to convert both the Bighorn and Vision over to this if I can. That alone may solve the problem.
Thanks in advance,
Ed

sabotloader

Re: Hello

Post by sabotloader » June 14th, 2012, 10:16 pm

White Oak wrote:Just wanted to say hello to all on this forum as I am the new guy.Looking forward to learning new things here. I am the happy owner of 3 Knight firearms. A Bighorn, TK, and Vision.
I do want to pose a question to you. I purchased 2 Visions about 2 years ago. One for my son and one for my wife. My son returned his to the dealer and bought a different model due to a problem with intermitent firing.By that I mean the primer was either not struck by the firing pin or just barely. Yeah the guns were clean. One dealer suggested that I back the breech plug out 1/4 turn. Has anyone else experienced this with a Vision? This is not a slam on the gun. I only own Knight muzzleloaders and am otherwise very happy with the Vision. I am very impressed with the FPJ system on my TK and want to convert both the Bighorn and Vision over to this if I can. That alone may solve the problem.
Thanks in advance,
Ed
That is or can be a problem with the Vision but it is really an easy fix. Knight will do it for you. The problem occurs in the lock up system and unless the gun is completly locked up it will not allow the internal hammer to hit the firing pin. A very good safety item but the pits when it is not working correctly. Often it is just a matter of polishing the the surface on the lock ramp.
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

White Oak

Post by White Oak » June 15th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Thanks much sabotloader. I am expecting a call from Knight Monday afternoon in regard to converting over to FPJs. They called today while I was working.
I will bring this up to them . I really hate to ship the rifle but if thats what it takes..............
Take care,
Ed

sorrycharlie

Post by sorrycharlie » June 16th, 2012, 8:20 pm

What kind of cap are you using, are they remington? If they are try another brand. Shotgun 209 primer cap work better and are cheaper

White Oak

Post by White Oak » June 17th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Just standard old Winchester 209 shotgun primers. After the problem showed up my son did buy some "muzzleloader" 209s thinking that might be the fix. No change.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe we can start some discussion on this! :idea:
Ed