New Knight Ultra-Lite

sabotloader
New Knight Ultra-Lite

Post by sabotloader » June 13th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Dutch on another forum that Knight has placed the new Ultra-Lite on the web page...

The Kevlar stock offers very big reduction in weight from the conventional stock. It also increases the stength of the stock greatly.

ttp://www.knightrifles.com/ultra-lite-olive-green-straight/

I was really hoping that it would not be that expensive... but just the light weight Kevlar stock jumps the price pretty decently.

All-in-all - I am pretty sure that I will get one. Before I quit using centerfire rifles I hunted with a Tikka Light 300 win mag, and I have to tell you I really enjoyed walking around with a 6# rifle all especially since I am getting way old.

I know a lot of people will worry about or consider the recoil of the light rifle but for myself only it will not be a problem. Shooting a 3 1/2" Turkey load more than 2 or 3 times in a row... that recoil I notice...
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

shguns

Re: New Knight Ultra-Lite

Post by shguns » June 14th, 2012, 12:11 am

Very nice looking piece, but expensive.
I like the 13.5 length of pull and I'm sure those kevlar stocks are grrreat!
But with no sight option but a scope, my money would go for a mountaineer with the synthetic stock.

KnightMl

Post by KnightMl » June 14th, 2012, 4:14 pm

A bit pricey. For that kind of money you could have a Savage ML and a boat load of loads.

Surprised they did not make it really ultra lite with flutes and stuff. The stock suspiciously looks like B@C. If it is I would run from it. Not a B@C fan. The stocks have got major Cheese written all over them.

If its a HS pro series stock it explains the hike in price and would be well worth it.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » June 14th, 2012, 6:42 pm

KnightMl wrote:A bit pricey. For that kind of money you could have a Savage ML and a boat load of loads.

Surprised they did not make it really ultra lite with flutes and stuff. The stock suspiciously looks like B@C. If it is I would run from it. Not a B@C fan. The stocks have got major Cheese written all over them.

If its a HS pro series stock it explains the hike in price and would be well worth it.
You are correct... I am also of the belief that is a B&C pillar bedded Kevlar stock. I guess I have a different image of B&C I have seen some very nice after market stocks come from B&C.

TomDrechsler

Post by TomDrechsler » June 15th, 2012, 10:59 am

This ML is half the price of an Ultralight Arms. In the picture it actually looks better to me. 24" barrel, Kevlar stock, a 45 would make it even better. ;)

KnightMl

Post by KnightMl » June 15th, 2012, 2:23 pm

sabotloader wrote:
KnightMl wrote:A bit pricey. For that kind of money you could have a Savage ML and a boat load of loads.

You are correct... I am also of the belief that is a B&C pillar bedded Kevlar stock. I guess I have a different image of B&C I have seen some very nice after market stocks come from B&C.
Early reports are its this stock. I cannot get confirmation on that as of yet.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/th ... bon/Detail

If so I can understand the price.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » June 15th, 2012, 3:35 pm

I think I have found out a bit more about the stock...

I beleive it will be a version of the Bell & Carlson Carbelite stock.

Combined with some of the features of this Bell and Carlson. I do not think it will have the aluminum bedding system but it will have pillar bedding.

Carbelite Stock

Moisture, temperature, recoil energy and repeated firings are all big enemies of even the best wood stocks, and killers of accuracy. Bell and Carlson stocks, constructed using hybrid composite materials called Carbelite™ and proprietary manufacturing techniques called Fusion, can eliminate those problems.

These composites, including aramid fibers, carbon fibers, graphite, epoxy gel coats and laminating resins; and polyurethane reinforcement with milled fiberglass are formed to provide a warm and solid feel rather than the hollow, toy like impression one gets from injection molded stocks often use the terms such as synthetic and sometimes even terms such as Rynite or Cyloloc. But their process is much different and produces a completely different stock much less expensive to manufacture. Most Carbelite hunting models weigh about 2 to 2.25 pounds.